Brasfield & Gorrie Completes Luxury Women’s Hospital at Medical City Dallas
Medical City Dallas has opened a new, $125 million Women’s Hospital to serve women with a wide variety of complex healthcare needs, from maternity to gynecology and cancer care. Brasfield & Gorrie served as general contractor on the expansion project, working with architect Perkins+Will.
The expansion adds five floors to the top of Care Tower D and features 222 private rooms. The new Medical City Women’s Hospital Dallas includes:
- 24 modern labor and delivery rooms
- 4 new C-section operating rooms
- 84 Level IV (highest level) Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) rooms, all private
- 12 spacious women’s VIP suites
- 16 women’s medical/surgical rooms
Medical City Women’s Hospital Dallas offers high-level clinical excellence in a peaceful, spa-like environment. A multi-disciplinary team of physicians and specially trained staff provide leading edge treatment for women at all stages of life, including high-risk pregnancies and deliveries.
Medical City Dallas is the only North Texas hospital with both a full-service children’s, including a Level IV designated NICU, and an adult hospital on the same campus.
“This unique facility enables mothers and babies to receive world-class care under one roof, without being separated if a higher level of care is needed after delivery,” said Bill Lee, CEO of Medical City Children’s Hospital and Medical City Women’s Hospital Dallas. “In addition, this specialized Women’s Hospital allows us to provide the full continuum of high-level women’s healthcare, including access to specialists and experts conveniently located on our campus with modern amenities.”
Labor and delivery VIP suites, available with three different size options, pamper new moms with a wide variety of amenities:
- Large bedroom for mothers
- Separate room for family’s overnight stays
- Tempur-Pedic® murphy beds for dads or partners
- Easy access to nursery on same floor
- Spacious bathroom
- Refrigerators in each room
- Beverages on ice in room upon arrival
- Access for families to a concierge room stocked with refreshments
- A chef prepared celebratory meal
- Flat screen HD 55 inch televisions
- Upscale linens
- Valet parking
- Gifts for each mom
- Skyline views of downtown Dallas
The Women’s Hospital is part of Medical City Healthcare’s major capital investment initiative of more than $1.7 billion spent or committed over five years.