Turner Construction Company recently graduated 17 students from its Turner School of Construction Management (TSCM), a free program from small, disadvantaged, minority-owned, women-owned and veteran-owned businesses.
Initiated in 1969, the program has become an opportunity for firms to improve their economic viability by enhancing their managerial, technical and administrative skills, as well as develop strategic business relationships throughout the industry. Today, the Turner School is offered in more than 30 of Turner’s offices nationwide. This is the first time Turner has offered the program in Huntsville.
Throughout the 8-week course, Turner and its partners covered topics including accounting, insurance and bonding; bidding, estimating and procurement; scheduling and field operations; safety; lean processes; and more.
2019 Huntsville TSCM Graduates:
- Verrick Green, Project Teamwork & Development
- Brenda J. Perryman, Transit Management Oversite & Solutions, Inc.
- Tamisha Atkins, Atkins Lawn Care
- Ben Freeman, Thomas Electric Inc.
- Leah M. Taylor, Taylor’s Victory Garden Center
- Arthur Terrell Vaughn, MMI Inc.
- Jimmy Morris Jr., Morris Builders, LLC
- Fredrika Atkins, Atkins and Goolsby, Inc.
- Angela Dunn, Ultimate Roofing
- Dale Jones, Ultimate Roofing
- John Carroll, International Construction Project Management
- Marsau Scott, Scholt Industries, Inc.
- Deborah Holt, Always Available Services Corp.
- Barbara Gillum, Always Available Services Corp.
- Terrence Rudolph, Trinity Construction Group
- Tamika Randolph, Trinity Construction Group
- Esteban Guadarrama, Alabama A&M student